This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

Springhead Medical Centre
 Springhead Medical Centre
national health service



How to Complain ?


The complaint must be about an NHS funded service.  


You can complain by letter, by telephone or in person at the surgery during opening hours.


If you are complaining for someone else we will need their written consent to discuss the complaint with you. You can complete a form to enable us to do this which is available by clicking "here".  


You can complain on behalf of a child (under 16) or anyone incapable of complaining for themselves.   



When to Complain ?  


As soon as possible after the incident you want to complain about or no later than 12 months after the occurence, or within 12 months of finding you have a problem.


Details of your complaint will be recorded and/or acknowledged within 3 working days    



Who to Complain to ?  


If the Receptionist is unable to resolve your complaint please ask to speak to the Patient Services Manager or Practice Manager.  


If either is not available you can make your complaint in writing addressed to the Practice Manager.


If you do not feel able to complain to the practice, you can complain to NHS England: 


By post

NHS England

NHS Commissioning Board

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT  




Please write "For the attention of the Complaints Manager" in the subject line  


By Telephone

0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm excluding English Bank Holidays)  



What Happens Next ?  


The practice will try to resolve your complaint within an agreed reasonable timescale. This is called "Local Resolution"  


If it takes longer to resolve you will be contacted with an explanation.  


Resolution of your complaint may require a meeting between the complainant and the practice.  


If a meeting is necessary, one will be arranged at a time convenient to all parties.  


You will be contacted about the outcome.    



To Take your Complaint Further ....


The use of our complaints procedure does not stop you taking the matter further if you are still not satisfied.  


If your complaint is not resolved by the practice you can take it the Parliamentary Commissioner for Health (the Ombudsman) at the following address :  


Health Service Ombudsman for England

Millbank Tower


SW1P 4QP  


Telephone : 0345 015 4033

Choose font size: A A A


GP Website from Wiggly-Amps Ltd. | Total visitors:201646 | Disclaimer